Myocardial protection is regarded as one of the most important, yet also most controversial aspects of cardiac surgery. There has been considerable improvement in myocardial protection strategies over recent years, utilising a variety of new approaches to treat cardiac diseases, and this text is intended to embrace the state of the art in this field.
The book summarises the state of knowledge on all aspects of myocardial protection, including the latest in the treatment of cardiac diseases, robotics, pediatric surgery and the treatment of cardiac failure. Robotic surgery, valvular surgery, pediatric surgery and coronary surgery are all covered by renowned experts, producing a comprehensive, forward-looking view of the field of myocardial protection. This book should function to update physicians and surgeons interested in the field of cardiac surgery on the current state of knowledge on myocardial protection.
Author: Marco Ricci, Tomas Salerno, Tomas A. Salerno
Size: 15.74 Mb
- Download Beating Heart Coronary Artery Surgery – Tomas A. Salerno, Marco Ricci, Hratch L. Karamanoukian pdf
Originally introduced several decades ago, myocardial revascularization on the beating heart was largely abandoned as new techniques for extracorporeal circulation were developed. While the popularity of coronary surgery on the arrested heart remained undisputed for decades, a belief […]
- Download Intraoperative Graft Patency Verification in Cardiac and Vascular Surgery – Giuseppe D'Ancona, Hratch L. Karamanoukian, Marco Ricci pdf
Graft verification is a crucial aspect of successful cardiac and vascular surgery, as many complications seen in coronary surgery today are due to poor graft function. The incidence of surgical imperfections can be reduced only when adequate methods of intraoperative graft patency […]
- Download Emerging Pathologies in Cardiology – Mediterranean Cardiology Meeting, Michele Gulizia, Mediterranean Cardiology Meeting pdf
The book aims to give the most up-to-date information about the epidemiology, the pathophysiology, the diagnosis and the new treatments of the Emerging Pathologies in Cardiology. It presents the state of the art on Acute Coronary Syndromes, Sudden Cardiac Death, Heart Failure, Atrial […]
- Download Surgical Management of Benign Esophageal Disorders – P. Marco Fisichella, Nathaniel J. Soper, Carlos A. Pellegrini pdf
Surgical Management of Benign Esophageal Disorders: The "Chicago Approach" covers all stages of the diagnosis and treatment of the most common benign esophageal disorders in a concise and easy-to-read format.Indications, patient preparation, operative techniques, and strategies for […]
- Download Blood Use in Cardiac Surgery – N. Friedel, R. Hetzer, D. Royston pdf
Cardiac surgery has developed dramatically since the first open-he art operations were performed in the mid 1950s. Although the improvement of surgical technique, extracorporeal circulation, and postoperative management has contributed to a marked reduction of morbidity and mortality, […]
- Download Dawn and Evolution of Cardiac Procedures – Marco Picichè, Alain Carpentier, Marco Picichè pdf
The book provides a clear overview of the various research stages of cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology, and cardiac anesthesia. It also deals with recent advances in minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, and many other innovations introduced in this field. However, aim […]